The purpose of this blog is to the Access Management application built in Service Now. This gives termination process, workflow, and required order to track the exit entry process.
- What is currently happening today?
Today in the organizations does the Termination process either manually or in limited automations.
- Why it is becoming struggling process?
This manual process may cause some issue of effect of human error. Like forgetting the removing of email access permissions of the terminated employee may cause the employee to access from external world.
- What is the pain point?
Initially the process gets struck with lack of communication between inter departments and follow-ups. The actual process is not completed as expected.Example of final payment process, Access removal of applications.
- What are the potential benefits of addressing these problems?
This process of Access Termination application helps the process of (i) Inter department communications of termination process,(ii) Immediate access removal of application and (iii) Regular follow-ups using the SLA reminders to complete as expected.
This solution is mainly focused on the pain points addressed in above problems.
Remove the Accessibility of application
- The access removal from the applications is done by reassigning all the Roles and responsibilities of the employee to his reporting manger and disconnecting them from usage of any application in the organization at all levels. The Reporting manager gets the full accessibility to all the pending actions of the terminated employee. This action is to avoid the unwanted usage of email or other software asset of organization from the external world by the terminated user. This also saves the cost of the asset liabilities paid for the License usage.
The process of communication between inter departments helps to speed up the task progressing and timing saving, like
- Need to send information to resource managers for approval to release the resource. The releases of resources to be approved by the resource manager to check dependency or backup resource are made ready to replace the terminated resource.
- The Payroll processing team gets informed for releasing the payment settlements by checking all the financial constraints of the employee and need to remove the employee from future payment process.
- The administration department is informed for removing the access to emails and ID cards. The administration takes care of other process like stopping accessing of emails, Bio-metric points for entry to premises, parking slots, coupons and other accessibility provided to employee.
- SLA remainder will be sent in every 3 Days frequency to all the above mentioned access termination process users for follow-up the process to complete as expected.
Access Termination is a process of departing an employee by the employer with proper information of various department involved in this action. This action need to be completed as expected time to save the licensing cost expenses to organization. Mostly this process is done manually which causes many human errors lead to lack of inter department communications, which allows the users to access from external world. Also the monitoring of completing the process is needed to ensure the resource releases from various roles and responsibilities. The immediate action will stops the unwanted access of organization assets, saves the cost expenses and release of settlements on time. Provided with future scalable method with any more departments shall also be added to the process of access termination.